Teach in a Day (Lewes)
17th May @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm£95
Get your teaching journey started with our comprehensive and fun foundation day course, held in Lewes on 17 May in the Meeting Room in Robson’s of Lewes (22a High Street).
This one day course is designed to support anyone who wants to understand how to teach adults. It is a practical course, where you will learn how to begin when starting to teach, creating engaging and inclusive sessions, managing students of different abilities and levels, learning a variety of teaching methods and how to assess them. You will also deliver a 10 minute micro-teach, on a topic of your choice, to your peers, if you choose to.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Describe the teaching cycle and understand how to use it
- Identify your own learning style(s)
- Create engaging and inclusive sessions
- Identify different Teaching and Learning strategies and when to use them
- Identify how to teach students of different abilities and abilities all in one class
- Identify different methods of Assessment and how and when to use them
- Complete a lesson plan
- Evaluate your session
- Understand what support you will be offered after the course.
You will also be eligible for 3 months free Membership to TEA, where you will be able to access further support with our TEAtorials and resources, as well as our Staffroom with its Agony Aunt, teaching stories, top tips and more.
What others have said about our classes:
“It was well paced, interesting and fun, and I learnt a lot. It was relaxed with an approachable teacher” Alex
“I would definitely recommend this course to others. It was well structured, well taught and I loved being part of the group!” Roger
“I enjoyed learning new skills and the interaction of the group of peers that I met. It has also allowed me to get more confident in public speaking” Graham