This one day course is designed to support anyone who wants to understand how to teach adults. It is a practical course, where you will learn how to begin when starting to teach, creating engaging and inclusive sessions, managing students of different abilities and levels, learning a variety of teaching methods and how to assess them. You will also deliver a 10 minute micro-teach, on a topic of your choice, to your peers, if you choose to.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
• Describe the teaching cycle and understand how to use it
• Identify your own learning style(s)
• Create engaging and inclusive sessions
• Identify different Teaching and Learning strategies and when to use them
• Identify how to teach students of different abilities and abilities all in one class
• Identify different methods of Assessment and how and when to use them
• Complete a lesson plan
• Evaluate your session
• Understand what support you will be offered after the course.
• You will also be eligible for 1 months free Membership to TEA, where you will be able to access further support with our TEAtorials and resources, as well as our Staffroom with its Agony Aunt, teaching stories, top tips and more.
About the Course:
The course will be run in a relaxed, friendly and informal manner. You will need no prior knowledge or skills to join. Anyone can join, you just need to have a real passion for what you want to teach.
About the Tutor:
Danielle Lloyd is an experienced teacher and has taught for over 25 years, and has a Masters in Education. Danielle has a great deal of experience, knowledge and expertise in teaching and running teacher training courses. She has a real passion for supporting and developing helping her students. She promises a warm welcome and looks forward to meeting you.
Bring to the course: Paper and Pen – Handouts will be provided.
Please note that lunch is not provided. You can purchase refreshments at the many nearby eateries, or bring your own.