The New Teacher has a real passion and wants to teach it to others. They want to earn money and meet new and diverse people. They need their job to fit in with their lifestyle. They need to gain in confidence and need the basics of how to teach and run courses. They need to learn at their own pace and in their own time.
These are the specific actions that you need to do to reach your goal
These show the progress you have made
I will …
- Join the TEA community Facebook group and connect with other new teachers, pose at least 3 questions and share your experiences.
- Go through the TEAtorials, including videos, workbooks and quizzes, covering subjects such as ‘Teaching Ideas’, ‘Aims and Learning Outcomes’, and ‘Lesson Plans’, at your own pace. Use the workbooks, fill them in and amend the templates to suit you and your classes. Complete the ‘test your knowledge’ quizzes and use the Resources to learn from, to amend and to support you further.
- Ask the Agony Aunt for help with any questions or queries. Read what other new teachers have written and comment on them.
- Visit the TEA virtual Staff Room and read about other teachers who have shared their experiences.
- Download the ‘Where I want to teach’ Resource. Apply to Adult and/or Further education colleges, Private Training Providers or go through the TEAtorials for the Entrepreneurial Teacher in TEA to run my own classes.
- Looked into attending the TEA Teach in a Day course
I have …
- Connected with likeminded people in the TEA Facebook group.
- Viewed and learnt from the Teatorials and the Resources that have support me through the nuts and bolts of becoming a teacher.
- Asked questions of the TEA Agony Aunt, who has supported me throughout my learning.
- Visited the Staff Room
- Decided where I want to teach.
- Considered attending the TEA ‘Teach In a Day’ course.
- Basked in the joy of having taught my first session and have left my students wanting more sessions from me!!
Exclusive TEA membership will open again soon
click button below to join our waiting list