The Budding Teacher has taught a few classes or has volunteered or supported other teachers. They want to learn how to teach, and may want to become qualified. They want to connect with others in their situation. They want to supplement their income by running more courses. They want to learn at a time and pace that suits them.
These are the specific actions that you need to do to reach your goal
These show the progress you have made
I will …
- Join the TEA community Facebook group and connect with other new teachers, pose at least 3 questions and share my experiences.
- Go through the TEAtorials and Resources at my own pace. Use the workbooks, fill them in and amend the templates to suit me and my classes. Complete the ‘test your knowledge’ quizzes and use the resources to support me further.
- Ask the Agony Aunt for help with any questions or queries. Read what other new teachers have written and comment on them.
- Visit the TEA virtual Staff Room and read about other teachers who have shared their experiences and think about sharing my own.
- Download the ‘Where I want to teach’. Apply to Adult and/or Further education colleges, Private Training Providers or go to the Entrepreneurial Teacher in TEA in order to teach my own classes.
- Look into attending the TEA ‘Award in Education and Training’ course.
- Teach my classes and share with TEA my comments concerns, and successes.
- Viewed and learnt from the Teatorials and Resources that will support me through the nuts and bolts of becoming a teacher.
- Asked questions of the TEA Agony Aunt, who is there to support me throughout my learning.
- Visited the Staff Room
- Decided where I want to teach.
- Considered attending the TEA ‘Award in Education and Training’ course.
- Taught my own classes and have more planned.
Exclusive TEA membership will open again soon
click button below to join our waiting list