[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” _builder_version=”3.26.7″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]


Do you have a question for us?
Have a look at some of our FAQs below to see if your answer is here. Can’t find the information you need? Email us and we will see how we can help you!

Is this an official qualification?
The Award in Education and Training (AET) (Level 3) is a nationally recognised qualification that allows you to teach adults in non-compulsory settings. You can teach in the community, in Further Education colleges, in Adult Education Centres and in the Armed Forces. Our intensive 4-5 day courses run throughout the year across the UK. All courses include assessment and certification. Completing the TEAtorials and Teach in a Day course is not an official qualification but will count towards your AET if you wish to pursue that.

Can I teach in normal schools and colleges after doing my TEA training? To teach in primary or secondary schools you need your PGCE or Cert Ed qualification. To teach in sixth form colleges or universities you need your Cert Ed or Further Education Certificate. These qualifications are different from the AET. Contact us if you would like advice on this.

Can I run workshops for children and young people?
You can run non-compulsory workshops for children and young people in the community without any official qualification requirements. Our Teach in a Day and TEAtorial programme will help to equip you with the skills and resources to do this well. Our AET qualification course will also help to strengthen your teaching practice, no matter what age group you are teaching. To teach children and young people, you will need your DBS check certificate. You can find out more about that from the government website here.

Can we hire TEA to come to us and deliver our teacher training?
Yes! We have been training staff in large organisations and adult education centres across the UK for many years. If you have a group ready, get in touch and we can see how we can help. There are also corporate membership packages available for your staff to access the TEA website after your training.

I have an idea for an article for the Staffroom. Can I send it to you?
Yes please! We love receiving articles, tips, Agony Aunt questions and teaching stories from our members. Simply send your idea or your finished submission to us.

I have completed all the TEAtorials on the site. What do I do now?
Firstly – well done! We hope you enjoyed them and feel you have gained new skills. We are adding more TEAtorials all the time so keep checking the site or sign up to our mailing list to be the first to know when a new one is up. Get in touch if you have an idea for a TEAtorial.

Do I need a degree, GCSEs or A Levels to do the Award in Education and Training?
No, not at all! We don’t check your academic history and you don’t need any qualifications to access our TEAtorials or enrol on our courses.

I can’t find a course in my area. Can you arrange one?
Yes, we probably can! Email us to see how we can help.

I don’t live in the UK. Can I become a TEA member?
Absolutely. We designed our online programme so that anyone can complete the TEAtorials and access our resources all over the world. Please note that teaching requirements may be different in different countries. The Award in Education and Training only applies to the UK.

I have a technical problem with logging in / accessing the site / making a payment. What should I do? 
Contact us and we will get any technical issues sorted for you right away.[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]