LET'S START BY FINDING OUT ABOUT YOU...
There are lots of different ways to get started with TEA.
We’re here to help you begin at the right beginning, whether that’s learning foundation skills on our Teach In A Day course, signing up for your Award in Education and Training (AET) qualification, or curating your own curriculum of online TEAtorials.
the new teacher
The New Teacher has a real passion and wants to teach it to others.
- They want to earn money and meet new and diverse people.
- They need their job to fit in with their lifestyle.
- They need to gain in confidence and need the basics of how to teach and run courses.
- They need to learn at their own pace and in their own time.
the budding teacher
The Budding Teacher has taught a few classes or has volunteered or supported other teachers.
- They want to learn how to teach, and may want to become qualified.
- They want to connect with others in their situation.
- They want to supplement their income by running more courses.
- They want to learn at a time and pace that suits them.
the entre-preneurial teacher
The Entrepreneurial Teacher wants to run their own classes.
- They have completed one of the other Teaching Success Paths, and are ready to teach.
- They need some business skills, and to know where to start.
- They need support with marketing, finding venues and costing courses.
- They need to make money delivering classes when and where they want.
The Experienced Teacher
The Experienced Teacher has been teaching for around 5 years.
- They want new ideas to improve their practice and need support with CPD.
- They may be looking to change from working in the public sector to the private sector or vice versa.
- They want the camaraderie and support of their like-minded peers.
The expert teacher
The Expert Teacher has been teaching for many years.
- They are confident with running classes.
- They observe and assess other teachers.
- They are innovative and not afraid to take risks.
- They want to support other teachers in their subject specialism.
- They want to run a department of teachers.